Road Trip Games
If you still have to deal with a long car ride home from your trip away, then you may be starting to wonder at what point you will hear the all too familiar cry of ‘are we there yet?’… it always seems to happen… at some point.
Well, here are few games that you can play to keep your little ones occupied and delay the inevitable:
- ‘I Spy’ is a good old favourite and can actually keep the whole car entertained for unbelievably long periods of time
- ‘I’m Going on a Picnic’ is another all time favourite and is great for children ages 5 years and up. The first player starts the game by saying ‘I am going on a picnic and I am bringing…’ followed by something beginning with the letter ‘a’, such as apples. The second player has to repeat this and then add something beginning with ‘b’. And so on, and on, and on. If someone forgets one of the items, he or she is out and the last player to be able to recall all the items on the list is the winner
- ‘20 Questions’ is an easypeazy game for young kids. One person thinks of a person, place or object and everyone else takes turns asking questions that can only be answered with a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’
- ‘Spot the Car’ is a good game for slightly older children especially if they are into cars. This game is a scavenger hunt where you mark down all the different car models that you have spotted on a sheet of paper and the winner is the one with the most at the end of the given time period
- ‘Story Time’ is another good old favourite, where one person starts a sentence with just one word and then you go around to each member in turn and they continue with the story… look out for some very funny stories to unfold!
And enjoy your journey home!