Kintsugi is built on the idea of strength and beauty in imperfection. When a ceramic object breaks, the kintsugi technique involves using gold dust and resin (or lacquer) to reattach the broken pieces. The resulting piece thus incorporates the unique cracks into its design, and the gold lines add to the beauty of the piece while strengthening it. This art form is seen to many as a metaphor for brokenness and healing—that embracing one’s brokenness and imperfections can create something unique, beautiful and strong.
- Connect with your inner self through meditation and a creative movement practice with Kayla Tomé based on the theme of Kintsugi.
- Create a large collaborative collage to illustrate the Kintsugi pottery technique.
- Explore the concept of Kintsugi using air drying clay. A day of clay exploration.
- Take home your art makings from the day.
- You get to take home your origami pieces.
WHAT ARE OUR WORKSHOPS ABOUT?
We equip kids with the essential tools to be successful students and leaders.
Your kids will experience…
- Freedom to be and express themselves without fear of judgement
- Creative and innovative ways of problem solving
- The power of collaboration and communication
- The power of taking time to connect with their inner wisdom
- The power and joy of Independent thinking
Kids today feel the pressure to perform and that they are rushed to do a lot. Our kids are experiencing greater anxiety and depression at exceedingly young ages.
They’re not learning the full tool set needed to both compete and excel in today’s world. Instead, we are just teaching our kids to do more.
We aren’t human doings…
We are human beings!
Our July workshops focus on creating an optimal space to create and problem solve, learning to trust themselves and their intuition.
We encourage independent thinking where children get in touch with their personal rhythm. With thinking groups and pairs we stimulate their imagination and encourage socialisation and collaboration.
Imagine what it would be like if you felt completely free to trust yourself to take risks, experiment and have fun.
- Early Bird Pricing until 21June save $20
- Sibling discount $10 early bird ($190 for two children)
- For the provider’s T&Cs including cancellation policy, click here.
What to bring
- Morning tea and lunch + wear old clothes + sunblock + sun hat