Drop your kids off at our super-creative kids art workshops these July school holidays! Our workshops are a wonderful antidote to too much screen-time and nurture your child’s creativity. Perfect for arty siblings ages 4-12. Breaks are outdoors at the playground on Gilderthorpe avenue, with a picnic & play in Varna Park at lunchtime weather permitting.
Taught by Art Educators Ester Sarkadi-Clarke & Danielle Falk.
MORNING: MINI GARDENS CLAY
Create teeny-tiny native gardens from clay with native animals such as Koalas & Kangaroos, garden furniture from sticks and & wire, a pebbly garden path, a teeny little fence and fill your garden with real plants using gumleaves & other natural found materials.
NOTE: clay will NOT be fired or glazed
AFTERNOON: RAINBOW HANGINGS
Make a gorgeous and rainbow hanging using fabric, beads, ribbons, yarn & branches. This is a super-simple and enjoyable craft that anyone can make. Add pom-poms & voila! Enjoy some kid-made eye-candy for your wall!
- Learn to hand-build and decorate using paper (air-dry) clay
- Learn the technical skill of joining clay by scoring & slurrying
- Learn to create a wall hanging & how to make pompoms
- Qualified friendly educators and a warm encouraging environment
- Art shirts are provided
- Take home some awesome kid-made art
- Lunchtime supervision is included when booking a full day workshop.
- Breaks are outdoors at the playground on Gilderthorpe Avenue, with a picnic & play in Varna Park at lunchtime – weather permitting.
- Parking is usually available in Hooper street (East & West), Gilderthorpe avenue and nearby Roberts Ave
- For the provider’s T&C including cancellation policy, click here.
- NSW Creative Kids voucher :
- You may use a Creative Kids Voucher for this class. Please click on the USE NSW VOUCHER button to submit your voucher details. We will forward the details to the activity provider.
- Please book the class at regular price. The activity provider will get in touch with you directly on how you will be reimbursed for the rebate.
What to bring
- A packed lunch, morning tea and any other snacks (nut free), water
- Wear old clothes as it can get messy!