Move and Make Workshop
- Focused on movement this day will be all about collaboration and large scale artworks.
- Explore mark making with different parts of your body.
- Create a mural on the floor tracking your journey between two of your favourite places.
- We’ll translate the essence of this journey into a sculptural piece of kinetic art
Workshop to be facilitated by Kayla Tome:
Kayla is an international dance artist, movement educator, performer and community practitioner currently living and working in Sydney. She began her dance journey at 3 years of age and has since dedicated her life to teaching, training, making and performing internationally.
Born in Africa with a desire to travel, she has since lived and worked between Australia, Europe, the UK and Latin America. Living amongst these cultures has allowed her to study and train in a wide range of movement styles as well as become involved in diverse collaborations and arts projects which have all driven and informed her current practice.
With a background in education, Kayla has had the privilege of teaching and working with children, young people and adults across the world with varying abilities and from diverse cultural backgrounds. Kayla’s work is driven by her understanding of how movement can positively impact, empower and connect individuals and the wider community.
Kayla has worked within a wide range of arts and education organisations, schools, community groups, charities,dance companies and alongside fellow artists choreographing, teaching and making work.
She has graduated from UNSW with a Bachelors Degree in Dance/Theatre and Education and also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Community Dance from Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance in London. Kayla is currently studying a Diploma in Yoga Teaching with the International Yoga Teachers Association.
- $120 Per Day Per Child
- $222 Per Day for One Child and a Sibling
What to bring
- Morning tea and lunch + wear old clothes + sunblock + sun hat