The camp is open to boys and girls aged 5 to 14 years old.
Across all skill levels : First-Time Beginners, Advanced and Intermediate.
MY CHILD HAS NEVER PLAYED BASKETBALL BEFORE. IS THIS SUITABLE FOR THEM?
Definitely! A lot of our players have never played basketball before and we provide a fun and supportive environment for them to learn the game and get plenty of practice and game time. We have a structured curriculum for each skill level and they will be placed on a team with other beginners to make sure they have the best possible experience.
DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BRING THEIR OWN BASKETBALL?
Yes. They will need to bring their own basketball with their name written on it to each day of camp.
WHAT SIZE BASKETBALL DO YOU RECOMMEND?
We suggest size 5 for players that are aged 5-8, size 6 for players 8-13, and size 7 for players aged 13-14.
MY CHILD WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THE SAME TEAM AS THEIR FRIENDS/SIBLINGS?
Yes of course! Please just notify us about your request and our coaches will be able to organise this so they can be in the same team.
MY CHILD IS ONLY 6 YEARS OLD. HOW CAN HE SHOOT ON A REGULAR HEIGHT 10FT BASKETBALL RING?
We are different to other camps and academies because we provide lower 8ft rings and smaller basketballs for our younger players so they can develop the correct shooting technique and confidence when practicing new skills.
DO YOU ACCEPT PLAYERS FROM ALL SKILL LEVELS AND LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE – FIRST TIME BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE OR ADVANCED?
Yes we do! Our camps are for players of all skill levels. Players will be divided into groups and teams based on their ages and skill levels.
WHAT CLOTHING SHOULD MY CHILD WEAR TO CAMP?
All players will be provided with a JBA shirt to wear during the sessions. They will also need to wear appropriate shoes (running shoes or basketball shoes) and clothing for sports and fitness (shorts, t-shirt and/or singlet).
- The NSW Active Kids voucher CANNOT be used to pay for this class.
- Book 1 day for $95, Book 2 days for $90/day.
- Book for 4 days, pay for 3 days only; Book for 5 days, pay for 4 days only – or $67.50/day!
- All attendees who register for more than 1 day receive a JBA Camp t-shirt.
- All attendees get fresh fruit, a Camp certificate and future Camp discounts.
- For the provider’s T&Cs including cancellation policy, click here.
What to bring
- The venues are all indoors, however depending on the weather we may have lunch or use an area outside which is why we always suggest packing a hat and sunscreen.
- Water bottle, Basketball, Lunch, Morning Tea