Get your Hogwarts costume on and delve into the magic, the drama and the special effects used in Harry Potter films. These holidays, StarTime will be celebrating the return of Harry Potter to the big screen with the creative and dynamic Harry Potter filmmaking workshop.
Working in film crews, the kids will collaborate and have fun re-creating a selection of famous scenes from the Harry Potter franchise which include:
• Wand fights with Voldemort
• Disappearing tricks
• Flying through the air on your Nimbus 2000
• Potions with Professor Snape!
DAY 1: You will be assigned scenes from Harry Potter and embody your character, rehearse your lines to start filming.
DAY 2: Complete filming and edit your scene, ready to upload to StarTime’s YouTube channel!
So come to StarTime’s Harry Potter workshop this Winter holiday! Learn the skills of filmmaking, engage the imagination and create an amazing film to share with friends and fans!
- Communicate and combine different ideas within a group in order to produce a mutually agreed outcome.
- Apply lighting, camera techniques, sound and performance to create dramatic scenes
- Learn why we use “green screen” and how special effects are composed
- Use performance to convey character and emotion to engage your audience
- Understand and apply effective editing techniques to convey story
- Improvisation: drama-driven games that help you think on your feet
- Workshop must be booked for TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS (10-11 July).
- For the provider’s T&Cs including cancellation policy, please click here.
What to bring
- Wear comfortable clothes. Bring morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a water bottle.