School Holiday intensives are a great way to reinforce the skills your child has learnt during the school swimming term, and can be useful for those children who have hit a little bit of difficulty. It’s also a great opportunity for students who have recently been promoted to the next level, and can use the holiday intensive to get used to the new level. One week – 4 lessons!
- Learn to Swim Lessons for 30minutes to 1hour
- Master past swimming skills and improve them every day.
- Get good focus on other techniques.
- Have lots of fun!
THESE CAMPS RUN OVER 4 DAYS (MON, TUES, WED & FRI), YOUR CHILD WILL ATTEND THEIR CLASS (30 MINS – 1 HOUR) EACH DAY AT THE DESIGNATED TIME
Available for a range of swimming levels see below:
Beginner Learn to Swim (BLTS)
From 2 years of age. This level is designed to provide your child with the fundamental survival skills needed to be safe in the water. Class sizes are small (two students to one teacher). Our instructors strive to create a trusting and nurturing relationship with each student. The lessons introduce vital skills such as blowing bubbles, kicking, doggie paddling, floating, submerging, jumping in and learning to safely enter and exit the water by themselves.
Advanced Learn to Swim (ALTS)
Designed for children generally between the ages of 3 – 5 years. These classes’ review and build on the swimming survival skills taught in BLTS. This level will extend students knowledge and skills by introducing overarm, the beginnings of backstroke, floatation and diving. Small class sizes (3 students per teacher) as well as MSA’s unique teaching methods ensure students receive maximum attention and thus maximum and fast results!
Stroke Development (SD)
Designed for children generally between the ages of 5 – 7 years. This level aims to prepare your child to start learning the basics of the two most important swimming strokes: freestyle and backstroke. Your child will begin to learn the correct balance, head & body position, technique and timing. Small class sizes (3 students per teacher). These classes will help make your child a confident, competent and efficient swimmer.
Mini Squad (MS)
Designed for children generally between the ages of 6 – 8 years. In this level students are exposed to learning all 4 swimming strokes: freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke. These classes review, refine and extend their technique in freestyle and backstroke, as well as provide a fun and educational way of introducing butterfly and breaststroke. Mini Squad is conducted in the small pool (16m) with a teacher in the water correcting technique as students further develop their strength and skills. The classes have a maximum of 5 students per teacher, offering students lots of teacher interaction at close proximity to help individuals master all components
Development Squad (DS)
Designed for children generally from the age of 8+. At this level, stamina, distance and further technique is developed in all 4 strokes: freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke. Focus is on developing good technique, efficiency, strength and consistency through the water. This level also provides students with the tools engage in competitive swimming environments for the first time. All starts and finishes in each stroke are introduced and developed. Dev. Squad is conducted in the 50m pool and permits a maximum of 8 students per teacher. NOTE: Students are required to bring their own training fins and water bottle to each session.
- No classes on April 19 (Good Friday)
- Please bring a wetsuit for your child – The Icebergs Pool is an ocean pool and therefore not heated
- Pool entry to Bondi Icebergs is separate to swimming fees and is paid directly to the pool. Child casual swim entry is $5 or 25 visit pass is $100. Children under the age of 2 years enter free. Anyone wishing to spectate, a spectator fee of $4.50 is charged at pool entry, alternatively you can enter the pool complex for free if you are proceeding to the Crabbe Hole Cafe for a coffee or feed (just let the front desk know)
- Times are subject to change
What to bring
- Apply sunscreen before children arrive
- Something to eat (we all get hungry after a swim)
- Swimming cap & goggles
- Warm dry clothes for after their lesson
- Wetsuit – The Icebergs Pool is an ocean pool and therefore not heated. We recommend Surf Culture in Bondi Junction as they carry a full range of baby and children’s wetsuits.