At BONDI BEACH (unless contacted otherwise)
The Half day Camp is designed to teach students ocean awareness, confidence and competency whilst swimming in the ocean as well as extend and maximise the knowledge and skills of current Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) competitors. Learn how to paddle a board and catch waves in the surf, or get fit and enhance your surf swimming and board skills. Learn valuable ocean and beach skills in a fun environment, from professional surf coaches. The Surf Sports Nipper Training Camps are designed for both beginners and for those who are already involved in Surf Life Saving Australia activities. We offer a unique opportunity to refine all aquatic related skills, we help develop board skills whether you’re a surfer or body surfer to teaching new ocean and board skills.
Over the week of Surf Sports Nipper Camp they will learn the following:
- Proper paddling techniques through varying surf conditions
- Negotiating through the surf break using techniques such as, proper rolling of board, popping over boards, paddling over crests of waves
- Wave catching skills
- Developing balance, efficiency, power and strength
Surf Swimming & Surf Awareness
- Reading varying beach and surf conditions, including identification and use of rips, channels and sand banks
- Negotiating banks using surf swimming techniques such as running, wading, porpoising and swimming
- Wave catching techniques in a wide variety of surf conditions
- Body surfing
- Understanding water movements and the effects of ever-changing surf conditions
- How to stay safe, and how to approach dangerous and challenging surf conditions, according to each individual’s ability.
- Develop strength, coordination, fitness, endurance and have lots of fun
- Learn correct techniques for beach flags
- Learn how to do start and finish a beach flag competition correctly
- Become more agile, fit, fast and effective across the sand
- Learn the correct technique to do a beach start
- Learn skills for running quickly and effectively across the sand.
The training sessions provide a great opportunity for kids to learn new skills, make new friends, have fun whilst getting fit and improving their confidence
NOTE THIS IS A 4 DAY CAMP FROM EITHER 15-18TH APRIL OR 22-25TH APRIL.
*Must be 7 years and over
*Must be able to swim 50m freestyle
What to bring
- Own board (if possible)
- Rashie, Swim Cap , Goggles, Wetsuit (recommended)
- Water bottle & a nutritious snack for during break times or at the end of a session
- Waterproof sunscreen, Sun hat, Towel & Change of clothes including jumper