Do you want to help increase your K-2 child’s confidence in reading by learning phonics and letter-to-sound correspondences? Then sign up for our July school holiday classes! Research has shown that success is greatly improved for reading when a child has mastered all the foundational knowledge for phonics, including learning sounds, decoding letters, handwriting, and building vocabulary.
The following are activities that will be covered during the lessons:
Phonemic awareness with practical examples, the phonics alphabet, phonics from letter-to-sound (for reading), phonograms and word families, handwriting – letter formation and penmanship, how to syllabicate words, and strategies for improving spelling.
- Each class will be three hours long with a one-hour lunch break between.
- Available for students in Years K-2 only.
- Morning sessions will run from 9am-12pm and afternoon sessions from 1pm-4pm on a Mon-Wed during both weeks.
- Students can opt to sign up for a full day and/or multiple days.
- For the provider’s T&Cs including cancellation policy, click here.
What to bring
- A snack and water