It’s Soccer Season…
So, here are 10 benefits of your child learning soccer.
- Soccer will help to keep your little one fit and healthy, improving cardiovascular health, increasing coordination and strength and improving flexibility. It also improves gross motor skills and can help to stabilise the core and improve agility
- Soccer provides the opportunity to learn how to work as a team and teamwork is certainly a skill that is needed in other aspects of life. Being part of a team also helps children to feel united and offers them a sense of belonging
- Soccer encourages deeper concentration and focus; your little ones need to stay engaged in order to play effectively
- Playing in a team requires a certain amount of commitment and children learn how to be responsible and to honour their commitment
- Playing soccer helps children develop their visual and spacial awareness as well as giving them the opportunity to enhance their problem solving skills. Because soccer is such a fast paced game, they need to stay alert so that they can respond quickly, thus improving cognitive flexibility
- Because of the rules of soccer, children are exposed to cause and effect, and they begin to understand that if they break rules they have to deal with consequences
- Being a team sport, it is vital for little soccer players to learn how to communicate and cooperate effectively with their team
- If your child is interested in soccer, there is a fair chance that they are watching the World Cup at the moment. And that’s wonderful exposure to the broader world. FIFA has more than 200 national member associations and exposes children to cultural and ethnic diversity. Engaging in this can broaden their minds and stimulate an interest in the world around them… perhaps sparking an interest in travelling, foreign languages or geography
- The soccer field is a better place to be than watching TV or playing video games!
- And last, but by no means least, it’s fun… and fun is good!
We have plenty of after school soccer classes as well as some great holiday soccer camps. We even have a dedicated soccer programme for girls!